Our Business is Your Business
To view a video of "The Magic of North Simcoe" please click on the link below:
THE MAGIC OF NORTH SIMCOE
We are the new Economic Development Corporation of North Simcoe (EDCNS)
Our job is to help you:
The Economic Development Corporation of North Simcoe (EDCNS), www.edcns.ca, was developed with the goal of creating one economic voice for the municipalities of Midland, Penetanguishene, Tay and Tiny. This voice, strengthened by the power of four municipalities, reinforces county-wide and provincial initiatives to drive growth and improve the environment for producing and offering goods and services from North Simcoe.
We are here to help you:
- Work with our area partners to advocate for funding and political support
- Grow our economy and attract business opportunities
- Market our four municipalities within Simcoe County and beyond our borders
- Foster a successful business environment within North Simcoe
The EDCNS focuses on four key industries – Advanced Manufacturing, Agribusiness, Health Care, and Tourism, – which we refer to as our "four pillars".
EDCNS advocates as "one voice" for all four municipalities, within the broader economic landscape of Simcoe County, to leverage funding & political support. By collaborating and sharing information, knowledge, and partnerships, we can identify and create business cases for funding applications around regional priorities (Huronia Airport, , regional health care institutions, investment in infrastructure, et cetera). The collaboration brings North Simcoe greater "critical mass" in its dealings - locally, regionally, with other levels of government, and with new business opportunities.
EDCNS is led by an 11 member Board of Directors comprising one member appointed from each of the four municipal councils, one member from North Simcoe Community Futures Development Corporation (NSCFDC) and six private sector members, with core funding from the County of Simcoe and the four municipalities. NSCFDC supports EDCNS with financial administration and office space.
By 2020, the four North Simcoe municipalities will be a growing, well-balanced, open community linked closely to Georgian Bay and economically founded upon:
- A world-class, four-season tourism experience
- An education-led innovative manufacturing base
- A strong health care and life sciences service cluster
- An efficient and growing agriculture and agri-business economy
To promote and foster balanced sustainable economic growth in North Simcoe
EDCNS endeavors to enhance the economic and lifestyle well-being of North Simcoe residents by promoting progressive business practices while supporting environmental responsibility and sustainability. EDCNS is committed to embracing accessibility and accountability for the organization's actions by integrating corporate social responsibility into all activities.
Role of Economic Development Corporation of North Simcoe
EDCNS brings corporate, government and community stakeholders together in projects and initiatives that promote economic growth, increase investment and attract business to North Simcoe.
- Act as an industry and business community advocate and liaison
- Collaborate on talent attraction, retention and workforce development strategies being led by others
- Evaluate issues & policies critical to North Simcoe economic development
- Manage research data, information and competitive intelligence to support the needs of the community
- Foster strategic partnerships
- Lead investment attraction efforts
- Leverage business expansion efforts
- Market North Simcoe as an ideal location for business
- Support an entrepreneurial environment and innovation
- Support business retention efforts
Core Services of EDCNS
- Funds sourcing & administration
- Investment attraction
- Liaison with business, investors & funding sources and Simcoe County
- Marketing and Communication - Branding, Business database, Traditional media marketing & advertising (e.g. print, radio, television, billboard), Web & social media, Research & analysis
Sharon Végh, Economic Development Officer
Economic Development Corporation of North Simcoe (EDCNS)
105 Fourth Street, P.O. Box 8
Midland, Ontario Canada L4R 4K6
+1 (705) 526-1371, ext. 114