Strategic Planning (2015-2025)
Please follow the links below to view the Township of Tiny's updated Strategic Plan for 2020-2025 and the Strategic Plan Scorecards.
- Strategic Plan Update - 2020-2025 (January 27, 2020) (PDF)
- Strategic Plan Scorecard (September 2019) (PDF)
- Strategic Plan Scorecard (April 4, 2019) (PDF)
- Strategic Plan Scorecard (September 11, 2017) (PDF)
- Strategic Plan Status Update (June 2017) (PDF)
- Township of Tiny Strategic Plan (December 2015) (PDF)
An environmentally focused diverse family of communities providing an economically sustainable healthy lifestyle.
A committed team providing extraordinary municipal services.
Operational Performance Excellence
We are committed to providing services that are affordable to our ratepayers while protecting future generations from the burden of debts and deficits. We are committed to delivering efficient and extraordinary municipal services including the ability to manage and mitigate both man-made and natural emergencies.
Building Strong & Vibrant Communities
We are committed to supporting our diverse communities and to make decisions that are in the best interests of all Township residents. As our Township grows we will work hard to provide a safe and accessible community with recreational opportunities for all.
Growing Our Local Economy
We are committed to healthy economic growth and to supporting our strong local economy.
Respect for Rural Environment
We will ensure that growth across the Township is sustainable and in keeping with existing rural character and charm. We will address legacy issues that threaten our environmental health.
Responsible and Responsive Government
We are committed to finding collaborative and creative solutions. We will operate in an honest and transparent manner to offer equitable services to all of our clients. We will work hard to engage our community members and strengthen our partnerships with others.
We are committed to improving technology for our clients through collaboration with our municipal partners and exploring opportunities for expanded service.
Deliver Efficient & Exceptional Municipal Services
- Deliver efficient, effective & valuable service
- Promote open, accountable & responsible government
- Build organizational resilience
Build Economic Prosperity & Opportunity
- Grow the economy
- Support and strengthen local business
- Advocate for technological advancement
Promote Environmental Responsiblity & Stewardship
- Promote a healthier environment
- Promote a more resilient environment
- Improve the quality of municipal infrastructure and use of existing facilities
- Promote sustainable community planning
Support Community Health, Safety & Well-Being
- Advocate responsibly for better health care
- Promote active living through recreation
- Enhance community services for residents (Youth & Seniors)
- Enrich our community through culture, heritage and the arts
- Enhance public safety and security
Create an Engaged, Informed & Connected Community
- Create an informed, engaged and connected community
- Advance accountable leadership, responsible and transparent governance and open communications
- Leverage partnerships and build relationships - Value our Volunteers
A Special Committee of the Whole Meeting was held on April 17, 2019 to conduct a Status Update and Policy Reassessment of the Township’s Strategic Plan (2015-2020). The review was facilitated by Karen Wianecki, Director of Practice, Planning Solutions Inc. This meeting was open to the public.
To view the Agenda for the Special Committee of the Whole Meeting, including a copy of the presentation given by Ms. Wianecki of Planning Solutions Inc., please click on the following link: Agenda - Special Committee of the Whole Meeting April 17, 2019 (PDF)
A Special Committee of the Whole Meeting was held on June 22, 2017 to review the Township's Strategic Plan in terms of goals achieved, reassessment of priorities, challenges encountered, areas of opportunity and the validity of the current Vision, Mission Statement and Values. The review was facilitated by Karen Wianecki, Director of Practice, Planning Solutions Inc. A copy of the PowerPoint presentation is provided below - please follow the link:
The steps taken to reach the final Strategic Plan are listed below:
Strategic Plan Approval - December 14, 2015/Budget Consideration - January 18, 2016: The final draft of the Strategic Plan was presented and approved by Council at the December 14, 2015 Regular Committee of the Whole Meeting. The approved Strategic Plan was forwarded to the January 18, 2016 Budget Meeting for budget consideration.
Town Hall Meeting - Update on Strategic Plan - November 14, 2015, Wyebridge Community Centre: The topic of the Town Hall Meeting on November 14, 2015, was a Strategic Plan Update with a focus on Public Beach Usage, Maintenance and Access/Parking (Balm Beach, Bluewater Beach, Jackson Park, Lafontaine Beach and Woodland Beach). The Town Hall was facilitated by Mrs. Karen Wianecki, Planning Solutions Inc. The November 14, 2015 Town Hall Meeting Follow-up Report, Clerks Report CR-051-15 (PDF), summarizes the input received from residents. Council reviewed the above report at its meeting of November 30, 2015, and directed that a Special Committee of the Whole Meeting be scheduled on Wednesday, January 13, 2016, 9:00 a.m., Council Chambers, to review the Township's parking strategy.
Public Input - Regular Meeting of Council - October 26, 2015: The public had an opportunity to provide their input at the October 26, 2015, Regular Meeting of Council which was largely dedicated to a review of the draft Strategic Plan.
Community Visioning Challenge and Interactive Workshop: Please click the links below for the Workshop agenda and presentation.
- Initial Community Workshop Agenda - July 11, 2015 (PDF)
- Township of Tiny Environmental Scan Presentation - July 11, 2015 (PDF)
Special Meeting of Council to discuss Strategic Plan Process: The purpose of this special meeting was to discuss the Strategic Plan Process for the Township of Tiny and was considered a Council/Staff workshop on the matter.
Strategic Plan Process Newsletters: