Sign In

Township of Tiny

Skip Navigation LinksTownship of Tiny > Living In Tiny > How do I...

How Do I....

Below are various quick questions that you may require an answer for.  Take a look at the list to help provide you with the information you need.

Sign up for Library Membership?

Library Service is free to residents of the Township of Tiny. Each year you can choose to join one of these three area libraries.

Residents can contact the library directly to find out how to become a member. Call or click on one of the links below to bring you to their website.

Midland: (705) 526-4216

Penetanguishene:  (705) 549-7164

Springwater:  (705) 322-1482

Click here for more information, including hours of operation.

Take advantage of these NEW SERVICES:

Internet Access, Graphic novels, DVDs, Music CDs, Books on CD, Word processing, Magazines, Photocopying, Electronic Databases, CD-ROMs, Bestsellers and much more.....

Pay my Taxes?

For information on how do I pay my taxes, please follow the link below called Property Taxes.

Property Taxes

Obtain a Parking Pass?

Parking Permits are available to residents at an annual cost of $15.00 plus HST each, and each property can have 2 permits. When a resident is purchasing the parking permit your licence plate number is not required but a copy of your Township of Tiny tax bill or photo I.D. is required to show proof of ownership.

Parking permit application forms are located under Applications/By-law Services.  To obtain a parking permit application form, please follow the link below.

**NEW** Resident online purchase of Fire Permits, Parking Permits and Dog Tags​​

Application for Fire Permits, Parking Permits and Dog Tags

Pay my Parking Ticket?

To pay your parking ticket, please follow the link below called Pay

Obtain a Non-Resident Parking Pass?

Each year 150 parking permits are made available for Non-Residents to purchase. They are available on a “first come - first serve” basis and are available after April 1st of each year at an annual fee of $100.00 plus HST per permit (Maximum 2 permits per household). Only one licence plate number shall be inscribed on the parking permit and they are not transferable.

Non-Resident Parking Permit application forms are located under Applications/By-law Services.  To obtain a non-resident parking permit application form, please follow the link below.


Register for a Recreation Program?

Please send completed registration forms to:

130 Balm Beach Road West
Tiny, Ontario, L0L 2J0
Fax (705) 526-2372

For more information on all of our Recreation Programs click on the link below called Programs and Registration.

Programs and Registration

Apply for a new water connection?

Municipal water service is available in select areas of Tiny Township.  Properties that are serviced by municipal water can apply to connect to the water system by filling out a Water Connection Request form.

This form is included in the building permit application package, along with the Water Connections Standards form.  The application is returned with completed building permit and kept on file until the service is ready to be connected.

Report a malfunctioning streetlight?

​To report a malfunctioning streetlight, please call the main office at: (705) 526-4204 or Toll free 1-866-939-TINY (8469) TTY Telephone Service is available by calling (705) 526-4205 ext 301.

Rent a facility owned by the Township?

To rent facilities like the Lafontaine Community Centre, Wyebridge Community Centre or the Township of Tiny Community Centre, you must complete the Facility Use Permit. 

To rent outdoor facilities like the parks, fields, rink/pavilion, you must complete the Facility Use Permit Outdoor Fields/Facilities.

For more information, contact Rachel Jaworowicz (​) at 526-4204 ext. 248.

Become a volunteer for Tiny?

​Please click on the link below entitled "Volunteering in Tiny" for how you can become a volunteer for the Township of Tiny.

Volunteering in Tiny

Obtain a Fire Permit?


Ensure that you read, understand and follow the requirements printed on the back of your permit. 


Pine needles are the leaves of coniferous trees and are therefore prohibited as well.

​Fire permits can be purchased through the Township of Tiny Office, at 130 Balm Beach Road West, Perkinsfield (9:00 am to 4:30 pm) Monday to Friday. 

They can also be purchased for $20.00 cash only at the following locations:

1) T's SuperMarket, 345 rue Lafontaine Road West, Lafontaine
2) Wyevale Jug City, 870 County Road 6 South, Wyevale
3) LA Hill Esso Station, 2 Lafontaine Road East, Lafontaine
4) R&P Gas, 2236 County Road 92, Elmvale
5) Cawaja Pines General Store, 201 Tiny Beaches Road North, Perkinsfield (SEASONAL)
6) Sawlog Bay General Store, 1970 Champlain Road, North West Basin

​You can also download a copy of the Fire Permit Application and rules​.

**NEW** Resident online purchase of Fire Permits, Parking Permits and Dog Tags​​​

The fine for failing to obtain a Fire Permit is $365.00 or a summons to appear in court.

​It is the applicant's responsibility to know if a FIRE BAN is in effect. For FIRE BAN INFORMATION contact the Municipal Office at (705) 526-4204 or visit

Apply for a Marriage License

​Congratulations on your forthcoming Marriage. 

Marriage Licences are issued at the Municipal Office from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday. It is recommended that you contact the Clerk's Department and make an appointment to receive a marriage license. The current fee for a marriage licence is $125.00.

For marriage license requirements and a marriage license application, please follow the links below:

The Township of Tiny has appointed a Marriage Commissioner for the provision of civil marriage solemnization services. The fees for this service are:

  • $200 for services performed during normal business hours, 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday.
  • $250 for services performed outside normal business hours.

If you are interested in this service, please contact the Clerk's Department at 705-526-4204. 

For a list of religious officials authorized to perform marriages in Ontario or for more information about the marriage application process, please follow the link below entitled "Getting Married."

Service Ontario - Getting Married


Make a Deputation to Council?

Scheduled Deputation to Council:

In order to appear on the Regular Committee of the Whole or Regular Meeting of Council agenda, an individual must complete the Deputation Request Form as provided through the link below: 

Deputation Request Form

Deputation Request forms and all pertinent documentation must be received no later than 12 noon the Tuesday prior to the upcoming Council meeting or 4 days prior to the Council meeting in the event it is not held on a Monday, to appear at that meeting.  Please review the requirements and guidelines included in the Delegation Request Form for complete details.

Open Deputations to Council:

Twenty (20) minutes of each Regular Committee of the Whole and Regular Meeting of Council will be set aside for individuals wishing to address Council on any item on the current agenda.  Deputations are limited to 5 minutes. Powerpoint presentations are not permitted for open deputations and the individual is responsible for providing 10 copies of any handouts. The Township will not be responsible for duplicating presentation materials for open deptuations. 

Please follow the link below for the complete requirements and guidelines for Open Deputations to Council:

Deputations - Open (Requirements and Guidelines)

Commissioner of Oath

​Click the link below for information regarding Commissioner of Oaths.  The fee for this service is $10.00 plus tax for each document commissioned. 

Commissioners of Oaths