Township of Tiny Bursary Program
The Bursary Program is designed to assist students who are entering their post-secondary education (including courses and training programs of a technical and vocational nature).
Approved bursaries are not based upon scholastic standing but rather on the successful admission status to a post-secondary institution leading to a recognized degree, diploma or certificate.
The Bursary Program is sponsored through the Township of Tiny. The funds are raised through proceeds from the Mayor's Charity Golf Tournament.
2017-2018 starts in September 2017 and the deadline is the last Friday in April 2018 at 4:30 pm.
Graduating Residents of the Township of Tiny attending:
- École Le Caron
- École secondaire catholique Nouvelle-Alliance
- Georgian Bay District Secondary School
- Saint Theresa's Catholic Secondary School
- Elmvale District Secondary School
And who are proceeding to post-secondary education.
A qualified candidate must also submit the following:
- A completed and signed application form before the deadline of the last Friday of April 2018, 4:30 pm.
- A maximum 500 word essay describing:
- What it means to live in Tiny;
- What would the applicant do with the bursary funds if he/she was a successful bursary candidate
Application forms are available from the following:
- Secondary School Guidance Offices
- Township of Tiny Municipal Offices
- Online at www.tiny.ca/pages/bursary-program
Click on the link below to access the Bursary Program Application Form:
Bursary Program and Application Form.pdf
Programme et demande de bourse.pdf
Completed applications will be accepted by mail at 130 Balm Beach Rd W, Tiny, ON L0L 2J0, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at 130 Balm Beach Rd W, Perkinsfield during regular office hours. A drop box is also available in the front of the building for after hour deposit.
All Applicants will be notified by mail as to the decision of the Township of Tiny Bursary Selection Committee. The bursaries will be awarded upon confirmation that the student is enrolled in and attending a post-secondary education institution.
For information regarding the County of Simcoe Bursary Program, please follow the link https://www.simcoe.ca/dpt/hr/bursary-program