Private Wells

The Ministry of Environment, Conservation and Parks (MECP) can provide information and rules for the proper location, construction, maintenance and abandonment of a private well.

The Township of Tiny does not have jurisdiction on private residential wells and does not have records regarding the installation, type or location.

Our only requirement pertaining to private wells is that a potable water report from Simcoe Muskoka Health Unit be provided to grant occupancy on the construction of a new home/cottage.

A licensed well contractor may be of further assistance.