The Township of Tiny is seeking a qualified applicant for the position of Fire Prevention Inspector for a 12-month contract, with the possibility of extension.
The most northerly township in the County of Simcoe, Tiny Township offers 70km of coastline along Georgian Bay, and is home to Awenda Provincial Park, Tiny Marsh Provincial Wildlife Area, and the 23-kilometre long Tiny Trail. Our diverse network of communities throughout the municipality offer our residents a four-season destination with activities for all ages.
Reporting to the Division Chief of Fire Prevention/Public Education, the Fire Prevention Inspector, acting as an Assistant to the Fire Marshal under the provisions of the Fire Protection and Prevention Act, is responsible to conduct fire prevention inspections of all classes of building and occupancies and enforce the Ontario Fire Code and other relevant legislation and standards.
- High school diploma or recognized equivalent required.
- Completion in a post-secondary certification or diploma in Fire Prevention Technology or a related discipline are considered assets.
- NFPA 1031 Fire Inspector I Certification is required.
- NPFA 1035 Fire and Life Safety Educator I certification is considered an asset.
- Thorough working knowledge of provincial and municipal fire prevention by-laws statutes, codes, regulations and standards is required including the Ontario Fire Code; NFPA, ULC and CSA and other legislation.
- Knowledge of records management.
- Excellent communication, presentation and report writing skills.
- Commitment to the values of professionalism, efficiency, empathy, sensitivity, cooperation and teamwork.
- Valid CPR/First Aid certification.
- Valid Class “G” Ontario driver’s license in good standing.
- Must maintain a clear criminal history.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Outlook.
The Township of Tiny offers a competitive salary and competitive benefits package. Salary range - $30.02 to $37.52/hour, based on a 35-hour work week.
Individuals having these qualifications are encouraged to submit a resume and letter of application, noting reference FIP2022 in the submission, by 12 noon, September 23, 2022, to:
Township of Tiny
130 Balm Beach Road West
Tiny, ON L0L 2J0
Fax: (705) 526-2372
We thank all applicants who apply for this position but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Corporation of the Township of Tiny is committed to a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Please inform us should an accommodation be required at any point in the recruitment process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Personal information collected shall only be used for candidate selection, in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act R.S.O., 1990, c.M.56.