The Township of Tiny is seeking a qualified applicant for the permanent full-time position of Licensing Officer.
The most northerly township in the County of Simcoe, Tiny Township offers 70km of coastline along Georgian Bay, and is home to Awenda Provincial Park, Tiny Marsh Provincial Wildlife Area, and the 23-kilometre long Tiny Trail. Our diverse network of communities throughout the municipality offer our residents a four-season destination with activities for all ages.
Reporting to the Chief Municipal Law Enforcement Officer, this position performs the administrative licensing duties for the Townships Short-Term Rental, Business, and Lottery licensing programs.
- Degree or Diploma in a relevant field such as Police Foundations or Law.
- Specialized training in Municipal Law Enforcement and Administration is an asset.
- 2 years' experience in law enforcement or licensing is an asset.
- Must possess excellent verbal, written and communication skills.
- Excellent public relations and public speaking skills.
- Possess good organization skills to deal with multiple priorities. Effective time and stress management skills.
- Self-motivated and have the ability to motivate others.
- Possess team leadership and management skills.
- Honest, trustworthy, respectful, empathetic, flexible, diligent and diplomatic.
- Demonstrate flexibility, dedication, and sound work ethics.
- Strong computer skills including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must maintain a clear criminal history and a Class "G" Ontario Driver's license with a good driving record.
- Other related courses, i.e. Lottery Licensing is an asset.
The Township of Tiny offers a competitive salary and competitive benefits package. Salary range - $30.02 to $37.52/hour, based on a 35-hour work week. Visit www.tiny.ca for a detailed job description.
Individuals having these qualifications are encouraged to submit a resume and letter of application, noting reference LO2022 in the submission, by 12 noon, September 30, 2022, to:
Township of Tiny
130 Balm Beach Road West
Tiny, ON L0L 2J0
Fax: (705) 526-2372
We thank all applicants who apply for this position but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Corporation of the Township of Tiny is committed to a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Please inform us should an accommodation be required at any point in the recruitment process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Personal information collected shall only be used for candidate selection, in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act R.S.O., 1990, c.M.56.