Congratulations on your forthcoming marriage.
Marriage Licences are issued at the Municipal Office by appointment only and to Township of Tiny residents between 9:00 am and 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday. If you are being wed within the Township of Tiny but are not a resident or taxpayer, it is recommended that you attain a marriage licence from the municipality in which you reside. An Ontario-issued marriage licence is valid anywhere within the province for a period of three (3) months from the date of issue. The current fee for a marriage licence is $125.00 (cash, cheque or debit only).
Marriage Licence Requirements:
- Both parties must sign the marriage licence application form. The marriage licence can be issued to one or both of the applicants.
- Two of the following valid pieces of identification are required for each applicant, with at least one piece containing a current photo:
- Birth Certificate
- Current Passport with photo
- Record of Immigrant Landing
- Canadian Citizenship Card
- Driver’s Licence
- Ontario Health Card with photo
- Ontario Photo ID Card
- Secure Indian Status Card
- If you are divorced, we require the original Judgment or Certificate of Divorce or Decree Absolute or a certified copy of the same by the court which granted the divorce. An uncertified copy is not accepted.
For marriage licence application, please click the link below:
Please submit your completed application, two pieces of identification as per the requirements above, and a copy of your divorce certificate(s), if applicable, to the Municipal Office at 130 Balm Beach Road West, or to Laura Russell, Deputy Clerk at email@example.com. Original pieces of identification, and divorce certificate(s), if applicable, must be produced at your appointment to pick up your licence.
Please contact the Clerk’s Department for inquiries related to this service or to make an appointment.
The Township of Tiny has appointed a Marriage Commissioner for the provision of non-denominational civil marriage solemnization services. The fees for this service are payable to the Township of Tiny and are as follows:
- $200 for services performed during normal business hours, 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday.
- $250 for services performed outside normal business hours.
If you are interested in the civil marriage solemnization service, please contact Angelina Peters at 705 533-3610 (h) or 705 543-9140 (c). Please note that the Township does not conduct marriage ceremonies at our municipal offices.
For a list of religious officials authorized to perform marriages in Ontario or for more information about getting married, please follow the link below:
With respect to wedding ceremonies on municipal beaches, please note that the Township of Tiny does not permit, allow or approve of any use of Municipally owned beaches for any exclusive private events. This will include reserving, restricting or delineating any public areas for such use which result in restricted Public access to the municipal beach.