The purpose of the Council Code of Conduct is to establish standards of conduct for Members of Council in the individual conduct of their official duties. The Code represents general standards that are designed to supplement the legislative parameters within which members of Council must operate. Please follow the link below to view the Council Code of Conduct.
The Code of Conduct is administered by the Township's Integrity Commissioner. The Integrity Commissioner is an independent accountability officer given authority under the Municipal Act. It is the role of the Integrity Commissioner to:
- applying the Code of Conduct for members of Council;
- applying any procedures, rules, and policies of the municipality governing the ethical behaviour of members of Council;
- Applying sections of the Municipal Conflict of Interest Act to members of Council;
- Conducting inquiries about whether a member of Council has contravened the Code of Conduct or the Municipal Conflict of Interest Act.
- Providing advice to members of Council respecting their obligations under the Code of Conduct and Municipal Conflict of Interest Act.
An Integrity Commissioner has the power to conduct an inquiry in respect of a request made by Council, a member of Council or a member of the public about whether a member of Council or a local board has contravened the applicable Code of Conduct.
To file a Code of Conduct complaint to the Integrity Commissioner, please follow the link below.