Municipal Land Access Permit


A Municipal Land Access Permit must be obtained should a resident/ contractor need permission to traverse Township owned land in order to complete work on private property. This permit is primarily used by water front property owners who need to use Township owned beach access paths to access the shoreline in front of their property for purposes such as retaining wall repairs.

When applying for a Municipal Land Access Permit, please be aware that the approval process may take up to two weeks to complete. To begin this process, a Municipal Land Access Permit must be completed and submitted to the Public Works Secretary ( There is no cost associated with this permit; however, it does require multiple documents and signatures, so please be sure to read the requirements listed on the application form prior to submitting (more information provided below).