Non-Resident Parking Permits are available only to residents of the Town of Midland, Town of Penetanguishene, Township of Tay and the Township of Springwater.
Ensure the following three items before beginning your application:
- A photo of your Proof of Residency (Driver’s Licence, tax bill, utility bill or lease agreement) for the Town of Midland, Town of Penetanguishene, Township of Tay, or the Township of Springwater;
- A photo of your Ownership/Motor Vehicle Registration for the above municipalities; and
- a credit card.
In order to purchase a Non-Resident Parking Permit, you will first need to verify your residency.
You will receive an automated email confirming that you have submitted an application. Once we've reviewed and approved your application (3 to 5 days), you will receive an email and you may then log in and purchase a Non-Resident Parking Permit (see below).
- Create/Login to a HotSpot account via the HotSpot website (www.htsp.ca);
- Select Permits from the Menu;
- Select Special Permits (Residential, Non-Residential);
- Beside the Municipality field select Township of Tiny;
- Attach the photo of Proof of Residency AND Motor Vehicle Registration and that match the address being entered below; then
- Check the box and Continue.
Multiple vehicles: Only one vehicle can be entered at a time. Once your application is approved, you may add another vehicle.
Once we've reviewed and approved your application (see above), you may log in and purchase a Non-Resident Parking Permit.
- Go to Permits;
- Select Purchase a Permit;
- Beside the Municipality field, select Township of Tiny;
- Beside the Location field, select Residential Zone;
- Beside the Vehicle field, select the vehicle Licence Plate you are going to use that day;
- Beside the issue date select Today;
- Click on the 1 Day Non Residential Permit;
- In the box enter your Full Name and check the box; then
- Hit the purchase button to purchase the permit.
Once complete the permit will be added to your HotSpot account and you will receive and automated receipt for your purchase.
View an interactive map of parking locations
Download a map of parking locations
Watch video on how to park with HotSpot
Read the HotSpot guide to applying for a Non-Resident Parking Permit
For more information or additional help with applying for a Non-Resident Parking Permit online, contact HotSpot Customer Support at 1-855-712-5888 or email@example.com.
Other Parking Options for Non-Residents
Residents and visitors are able to use the HotSpot Parking app (available for Apple and Android) to pay for parking, providing users with greater flexibility to make payments, top-up additional time and receive reminders that time is about to expire.
On-site Pay & Display parking machines may be used by anyone by purchasing and displaying a permit on the dashboard of a vehicle. Parking rates are $2.50 per hour, with a minimum $5.00 purchase and a $20.00 per day maximum fee. Pay & Display parking machines accept payments by coins and credit card. Pay & Display locations include Woodland Beach, Jackson Park, Balm Beach and Lafontaine Beach.
Learn more about parking with Pay & Display Parking Machines